The Sports Academy
The Academy is located in Hinsdale, Massachusetts. Nestled in the Berkshire Hills, the Academy is approximately two hours by car from New York, Boston, and Cooperstown, and 1 hour from Springfield! The 22-acre campus is located on over 100 acres of land adjacent to Plunkett Reservoir.
For its inaugural season held in 2003, all new facilities were completed, including new dormitories, clubhouses, medical, technology and conference centers.
The Academy has one regulation size Major League field, one intermediate youth field and two youth league diamonds. For Basketball the Academy has four outdoor basketball courts and a nearby indoor basketball facility.
- A 4 field lakefront facility in the Western Mass Berkshires which was designed after Red Sox Spring Training Facility.
- Centrally located in the Northeast and within an easy drive from all New England States, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ontario and Quebec. Only 2.5 hours from Boston and New York.
- Onsite Housing for Teams, Coaches and Players in cabins which sleep up to 18 people. Separate housing for parents, families and guests in local hotels. Teams are required to stay onsite and bring a minimum of 12 players and 2 coaches.
- Competitive Teams from across the Northeast - Over 900 Teams from 14 States & Provinces have participated in our tournaments.
- Cafeteria, Concession, Retail Store, and Major League Clubhouse on site. Major League Clubhouse includes: Meeting / TV Room, and Locker Room.
- Lake-front property with water access: swimming, boating, lifeguard on staff.
- Four professional fields manicured by grounds crew.
- Bonding experience for all participants: Great Baseball, Lakefront campfires, wiffle ball, and basketball games on lighted courts.
The Academy Store
Located in our administration building is a fully stocked store available day and evening for our attendees. The store carries a large selection of hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, and jackets with the Academy logo. We also carry the latest in sports accessories, including bats, balls, gloves and batting gloves. A selection of snacks and refreshments is also available.